Enable file downloads in Internet Explorer
You can enable file downloads on your server's installation of Internet Explorer. Unless you enable file downloads, you will not be able to download and install new software on your server.
Note: If you have a Managed or Fully Managed server, you must first enable administrator access.
- Connect to your Windows server with Remote Desktop Connection.
- From the Start Menu, open Internet Explorer.
- Click the gear icon in the top-right, then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Make sure that Internet is highlighted, then click Custom Level.
- In the Downloads section, toggle File Download to Enable.
- Click OK, then Yes.
- Click Apply to save your changes, and OK to close the window.
You can now download files with Internet explorer on your server.
Now that you can download files, you can install new software like SQL Server Express.