Enable SMTP Authentication
SMTP Authentication is used to send email from apps, reporting servers, and multifunction devices (like printers and scanners). We recommend only enabling SMTP Authentication for user accounts that require it since your default Exchange settings are more secure.
If you enabled security defaults, turning on SMTP Authentication will automatically disable those settings for your organization. You can either continue using multi-factor authentication (MFA) with an app password or disable MFA for the user.
- Sign in to your Email & Office Dashboard (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Select Manage next to the user.
- Scroll down to Account information and select Advanced Settings.
- Turn on the SMTP Authentication toggle.
- Select Continue to confirm you want to enable SMTP Authentication for this user.
- Turn off the toggle to disable SMTP Authentication.
- Learn more about SMTP Authentication from Microsoft.