Enable two-step verification
For better account security, set up two-step verification (2SV). If you haven't gotten the scoop on how 2SV works, read What is two-step verification? before you continue.
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page. You might be prompted to sign in.
- Under 2-Step Verification, select Add Verification
- Choose the 2SV method you'd like to use and then select Next:
- SMS text messages: The code will be sent to you as a text.
- Authenticator app: An authentication app will create the code.
- Security key: A device plugged into your computer's USB port will be used for authentication.
- Select when you'd like to use 2SV and then Continue:
Option Require 2SV… On every login Every time your account is accessed. High risk transactions only When changes are made to your password, Support PIN, username, 2SV requirement, or when you opt to cancel Protected Registration.
- If you selected SMS text messages, enter your mobile phone number and Continue. Enter the code we text you (it's good for the next 20 minutes), and then select Save.
If you chose an Authenticator App, follow the instructions to install an app, scan the bar code, and enter the authentication code. When you're done, select Continue.
If you want to use a hardware Security key (such as a Yubikey or Google Titan) for 2SV, follow the steps in Add a hardware security key for two-step verification instead.
- Select Add Backup and repeat steps 3 through 5 to choose a backup method for 2SV.
Note: To minimize downtime, set your backup 2SV on a different device. For example, if your main 2SV is SMS on your phone, set an authenticator app on your laptop as the backup.