How do free hosting credits work?
We offer credits for free cPanel shared hosting accounts when you purchase some of our products. These hosting accounts have the following limitations:
- 10GB of monthly bandwidth
- 1GB of storage
- 1 FTP user
- 1 MySQL database
- Do not support SSLs
- Do not support SSH
- Do not provide email through cPanel or other free email addresses
For a full-featured cPanel shared hosting account, you can upgrade at any time (more info).
You can use this hosting account free of charge:
- As long as the parent product remains active in the account
- As long as you do not cancel the free credit
- As long as you activate the credit before the parent product's next renewal
- For 12 months after the credit's activation date
The easiest way to conceptualize this is that our hosting credits provide a 12-month free trial that must be started within 12 months of the parent product's purchase.
After the 12-month trial period ends, the account automatically converts to a monthly-billed Economy paid account, using the credit card used to pay for the account initially.
If you do not want your free hosting credit to convert to a paid account, you must cancel it (more info).