Move my Microsoft 365 organization to another GoDaddy account
Our GoDaddy Guides can help you move your Microsoft 365 organization — the group of mailboxes you own, usually on the same domain — from one GoDaddy account to another at no charge.
When you complete the steps and are ready to submit a request to move your organization (or need help at any point), reach out to our GoDaddy Guides.
- Make sure you have access to both the source and destination accounts. A Guide will validate your ownership of each account. They'll ask you for each account’s customer number and, if applicable, the 2-step verification method.
- Confirm that the destination account's address on the My Profile page and the Payment Methods page for its primary payment are in the same region as the source account's.
- The region of your email organization is inherited from your source account's address. If the regions do not match, contact one of our Guides to review your options.
- Verify that the email plans in the source account do not expire within the next 5 days. If they do, renew your plans for a 1-month term.
- In the destination account, buy Microsoft 365 plans and add-ons that match the plans in the organization of the source account. If you need help verifying which plans you need to buy, contact one of our Guides.
- If a mailbox in the source account is a Starter Email or Free Trial plan, you'll need to contact one of our Guides for help adding it to your destination account.
- If your organization owns Advanced Email Security, check if the destination account has a different organization that also owns Advanced Email Security. If so, both organizations must use the same version of Advanced Email Security.
- (Optional) Delete any mailboxes in the source account that you do not want in the destination account. You can create a backup of any mailbox data that you'd like to keep.
When you're ready to start the move, contact our GoDaddy Guides. When we finish moving your organization, we'll send a message to the email address in the destination account. It could take up to 5 days.