Outlook (PC): Clear the Windows Credential Manager
If you're having issues opening Outlook and are using an Office 365 account, your issue might be improperly-formatted credentials stored in Windows Credential Manager. Here's how to remove them:
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- From the Start menu, go to your Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts.
- Select Credential Manager.
- In the Web Credentials and Windows Credentials sections, remove any stored credentials referencing the Office 365 or ms.outlook email addresses:
- Select expand.
- Select Remove.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Repeat these steps until you remove all of the credentials associated with your email address.
- Close the Control Panel window.
- Launch Outlook. You'll need to sign in again using your Office 365 email address and password.
- If you continue to have trouble, see Outlook error: The action cannot be completed.