Outlook (PC): Clear the Windows Credential Manager
If you're having issues opening Outlook and are using an Office 365 account, your issue might be improperly-formatted credentials stored in Windows Credential Manager. Here's how to remove them:
- Close Microsoft Outlook.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel.
- Click User Accounts.
- Click Credential Manager.
- In the Windows Credentials and Generic Credentials section, remove any stored credentials referencing the Office 365 or ms.outlook email addresses:
- Click (Details).
- Click Remove from vault.
- Click Yes on the warning box.
- Repeat these steps until you remove all of the credentials associated with your email address.
- Close the Control Panel window.
- Launch Outlook.
Restart Outlook, and you will be prompted for sign in credentials for each address you have configured in the profile.
If you continue to have trouble, see Outlook error: The action cannot be completed.