Password protect directories in my Linux Hosting account
To restrict access to directories on your Linux Hosting website, use cPanel's Directory Privacy feature. Visitors may browse a restricted directory only after entering a username and password.
Note: This feature doesn't offer a typical member login experience like a bank or retail site. Features like that require databases and are much more complex.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Files secton, click Directory Privacy.
- In the cPanel Directory Privacy page, browse to the directory you want to protect, and then click the directory name.
- Select Password protect this directory, then Enter a name for the protected directory and then click Save.
Note: The name you specify is shown when a visitor tries to access the directory. It's just a label for that directory, and doesn't change the actual directory name.
- In the Create User section, complete the fields and then click Save.
- For help, see the cPanel documentation for Directory Privacy.