Set a backup payment method
You can set backup payment methods to help protect the auto-renewal of your products. If there is a problem with the payment method associated with your renewal, we may try to use internal payment options (for example, In-Store Credit or Good as Gold) before attempting your remaining, most recently used backup payment methods.
Note: Due to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) regulations requiring us to notify your card issuer at least 24 hours before a recurring payment, customers in India can't set up backup payment methods.
- Go to your GoDaddy Payment Methods page. You might be prompted to log in.
- Select the menu next to the payment method you want to set as a backup. Select Enable as Backup.
- If the payment method is already set as backup payment, you have the option to Disable as Backup.
- Enable as Backup is not available if your card is expired. Select Edit to update the expiration date prior to enabling as a backup.
- In-Store Credit is automatically enabled as a backup payment method.
- A Backup Payment label will appear in the lower-left corner.