Setup a comment blacklist in WordPress
You can setup a comment blacklist in WordPress, which will automatically delete any comments that contain keywords, names, URLs, email address or IP addresses that you specify. This is an effective way to help prevent comment spam.
- Log in to WordPress
- Go to Settings > Discussion
- Scroll down to the Comment Blacklist section.
- Enter any of the following into the box, one item per line:
- Keywords or phrases
- Domains or URLs
- Email addresses
- IP addresses
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Return to Preventing WordPress comment spam.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.