Transfer my domain away from GoDaddy
Transfer your domain from GoDaddy to another registrar by using our transfer away checklist. You won't be able to transfer your domain away if it's within 60 days of registration or a previous transfer, or if a 60-day lock was applied after updating domain contact information. You'll need to verify your identity to confirm the transfer if your domain has Ownership Protection enabled.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name by clicking on it directly to access the Domain Settings page.
- Under Additional Settings, select Transfer domain away from GoDaddy. You won't be able to transfer your domain within 60 days of these events:
- New domain registration
- Transfer between different registrars
- Change to registrant contact information
- Review the transfer checklist, then select Continue with transfer. If your domain ends with .UK, you'll need to enter the IPS tag for your new registrar, then select Complete Transfer.
Note: If you have Ownership Protection on your domain, you'll need to verify your identity. We'll send a verification code via SMS or authenticator app if you've had two-step verification (2SV) enabled in your account for more than 72 hours. Otherwise, select Send Password to send a one-time password to your registrant email address.
- Select Click here to see Authorization Code, then Copy to Clipboard to copy your authorization code. We'll also send an email with your auth code to the administrative email address on your domain name.
- Select My Domains to go back to your list of domains.
Finish the transfer process with your new registrar and provide them with the authorization code for your domain name.
- Create and download an exportable list to get the auth codes for your domains.
- Continue managing DNS through GoDaddy, by adding DNS Hosting after the transfer is complete.
- You can still transfer an expired domain, if it's still in the grace period and not in redemption status.
- Transfer eligibility details can be found in ICANN's Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy and our Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement .
- Some domain names, such as ccTLDs, may have special requirements for transfers.