Troubleshoot missing email after moving to Microsoft 365
After transitioning from Workspace Email to Microsoft 365, check that your messages moved correctly.
The transition can only move messages on the Workspace Email servers into Microsoft 365. So if you stored messages in your email client, you might see some messages missing in your Exchange account with Microsoft 365.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (they're the same as your Workspace Email account).
- In another window or tab, sign in to Webmail. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password again.
- Compare your folders and their messages in Webmail and Outlook on the web.
- If Webmail is missing messages, make backups to add them to your Exchange account.
- If Outlook on the web is missing messages, open your Deleted Items folder and select Recover items deleted from this folder. Select the messages, and then select Restore to return them to their default location.
- If messages were in Workspace Email but are missing in Webmail and Outlook on the web, contact our GoDaddy Guides for help.
- Once you have all of your messages, you're ready to switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- See commonly asked questions about moving from Workspace Email to Microsoft 365.