Turn DNSSEC on or off
DNSSEC (Domain Name Security Extensions) uses digital signatures to verify the origin of your DNS across the internet and add extra security to your domains. All accounts have 5 free DNSSEC credits and each credit can be applied to a domain using GoDaddy nameservers. To protect more domains, you can upgrade to Premium DNS for additional DNSSEC credits. We'll manage all your DNSSEC settings for domains using GoDaddy nameservers. If your domain isn't using GoDaddy nameservers, you'll need to manually add DS records.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select DNS and then select DNSSEC.
- Choose the option that matches your view.
- Select Turn On DNSSEC.
- Enter your email address. This is where we'll send key change notifications.
- Select Save to apply your changes. We'll turn on DNSSEC immediately, but it may take up to 90 minutes to be reflected in your account.
- (Optional) If your domain is using GoDaddy nameservers but is not registered with GoDaddy, you'll need to select Copy DS record, and then enter the DS records at your domain registrar.
- Select Turn Off DNSSEC.
- Select Remove. We'll turn off DNSSEC immediately, but it may take up to 90 minutes to be reflected in your account.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- If you're not using GoDaddy nameservers, you can manually add your own DS records.
- Secure your website further with an SSL and Website Security.