What is Managed Hosting?
Managed Hosting is a dedicated server that we set up, monitor, maintain, secure and patch for you. We will also install and maintain some Web applications, listed here. We also offer custom support services with Managed Hosting for an hourly rate. Managed Hosting accounts remove your root/system-level access but let you control all other aspects of your server.
Managed Hosting accounts use Parallels Plesk Panel® with one of the following operating systems:
- Windows — Windows® Server 2008
- Linux — CentOS®
Managed Hosting accounts include the following services:
- Set up — Operating system and control panel installation. Custom system administrative work can be requested at an hourly rate. Advanced server support is available at no charge.
- Monitoring — Server, network, databases, and Apache monitoring. We accomplish this through ping monitors for server and network uptime, and HTTP monitors for website uptime.
- Security Scans — Monthly server scans. Each scan produces a report that our support teams review.
- Application Support — Installation and update of supported applications.
- Patching — Official operating system and application patches, updates, and bug fixes. If the likelihood of exploitation is high, we will apply patches immediately. We will notify you if patching your server incurs downtime.